The Recreation Department organizes the recreational programming and manages the recreational facilities for the City of Richmond Heights. We strive to offer a variety of programming that is meaningful to the residents of our community. Residents are encouraged to take an active part in planning and assisting with recreation programming. Input is accepted at board meetings, in person, or via mail.
Upcoming Recreation Activities & Events
- Pool open June 3 to August 13; fees vary; swim lessons available for purchase. Schedule available here. Standard hours of operation are Monday through Saturday, 1 p.m. to 7 p.m., and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. (Hours subject to change as a result of weather or lack of attendance)
- Free Pool Bash/Kyle Primous Concert June 28
- Summer Concert Wednesday, July 12, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Richmond Heights Community Park featuring Ricky and the Rockets
- Junk in the Trunk Community Garage Sale Saturday, July 15, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. Come as a vendor or shopper
- Summer Concert Wednesday, July 19, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Richmond Heights Community Park featuring the 147 Band
- Summer Concert Wednesday, July 26, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Richmond Heights Community Park featuring Backtraxx
- Senior Day at the Park Wednesday, August 9, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Richmond Heights Community Park
- Fall Fun Fest at the Farm Saturday, September 16, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Greenwood Farm
- Lunch Bunch
- Morning Fitness with Cindy takes place Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:30 – 10:30 a.m. Class includes: Weights, resistance bands and bar, chair exercises, Zumba and Zumba toning. Call Cindy at 216-346-8909 for more information.
- Zumba occurs Saturday mornings at 10:00 a.m. This class is also led by Cindy.
- Strong by Zumba and R.I.P.P.E.D. take place on alternating Mondays starting at 6:30 p.m. Call Cindy at 216-346-8909 to register.
- R&B Line Dance to improve your fitness through cardio-centric exercise at the Kiwanis Lodge every Wednesday from 6:00 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. For more information, contact Tina Swift at 216-347-4551.
- Hillcrest Summer Concert Series
Also, please check the Richmond Heights Centennial page, which is updated regularly, and The City Edition.
Park Rules for Parks Within the City
Richmond Heights Community Park – 27285 Highland Road
This vibrant park is located in the heart of Richmond Heights next to the local schools. It features three ball fields appropriate for softball or baseball, four tennis courts, three Pickleball courts, a club-like swimming pool with attached spray ground, a large outdoor picnic pavilion, gazebo for concerts, and multiple picnic tables and grills.
Pool and Spray Ground
This is an outdoor facility in the community park that is open seasonally from June – August. Pool Passes are available for purchase in the Recreation Department beginning in May. Day Passes are available at the gate. The Pool and Spray Ground are also available for residents to rent as an event space. This year the pool is open June 3 to August 13; fees vary, and swim lessons are available for purchase. Standard hours of operation are Monday through Saturday, 1 p.m. to 7 p.m., and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Schedule available here. Pool closing is possible due to inclement weather below 68 degrees, lack of attendance, lightning in the area or other weather-related issues.
Kiwanis Lodge – 27285 Highland Road
The lodge is located at the rear of the Community Park. Fitness and line dancing classes are offered weekly with minimal fees, and a number of City events are held in this large event space featuring two large halls. The Senior Hall is a large space with a dance floor, bar, access to an adjoining kitchen, and seating for up to 164 guests. The Kiwanis Hall is a smaller space perfect for hosting large dinners, baby showers, and other smaller events. It has a large built-in bar, access to the kitchen, and seating for up to 100 guests. Residents interested in reserving a hall in the lodge should contact the Recreation Department for more information.
Usage Fees for Kiwanis Lodge
Kiwanis Lodge Rules and Regulations
Kiwanis Lodge Permit Application
DeSan Park, 479 Trebisky Road
This neighborhood park is conveniently located within walking distance of many of the residential areas of the community. It features a playground with swing set and sandbox, four baseball fields, a batting cage, and a small pavilion.
Greenwood Farm, 264 Richmond Road
Greenwood Farm is a Richmond Heights Community Park. The Board of Directors of the Greenwood Farm Historical, Cultural & Arts Association, Inc., has diligently worked toward its goals of repairing, renovating and preparing the house and its beautiful grounds. Renovations are still underway. The Farm is used for a variety of programming benefiting the entire community and beyond. Click here to read about the history of Greenwood Farm.
Redstone Run/Highland Reserve
In May 2013, an 8.71 acre property on Highland Road in Richmond Heights was purchased by West Creek Conservancy with the support of Friends of Euclid Creek for conservation as part of a larger effort to protect water quality in the Euclid Creek Watershed. This property contains 1,000 linear feet of Redstone Run, a tributary to the East Branch of Euclid Creek, and is made up of steep shale slopes leading down to the creek. The land was purchased to protect the high quality plant and animal habitat and to protect the site’s steep slopes from development or deforestation. The property retained in its natural state provides an ideal "land lab" for research and educational activities and will enhance the overall beauty of this portion of Euclid Creek. Due to the location of the Highland Reserve and its proximity to private property owners’ back yards, please call West Creek Conservancy to schedule a tour of the property at 216-749-3720 or contact the Euclid Creek Watershed Coordinator at 216-524-6580, Ext. 16.
The Recreation Department is administered by a seven-member board, which meets the third Wednesday of each month. The Recreation Board members are Mayor-appointed, with four recommended by the City Council, two recommended by the Richmond Heights Board of Education, and the Recreation Director serving as the chairman of the board. The Recreation Director and Assistant Recreation Director are year-round employees within the Recreation Department.
Kenneth Stray, Recreation Director
Assistant Recreation Director: Anthony Gimellia
Board Members: Charlotte Camp, Angela Jordan, Tamitra Peavy, Patricia Thompson, Zachary Tomsick
Visit our event photo gallery!