The Richmond Heights Division of Fire participates in the American Red Cross Operation Save-A-Life program, which provides free home fire safety checks and smoke alarm installations. Smoke alarms are provided to Richmond Heights homeowners in need (landlords are required to provide them in rental properties).
To protect your family from fire:
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home.
- Test the batteries and the alarms once a month. Change your batteries twice a year.
- All Smoke alarms - even "hard-wired" alarms only have a 10-year life span.
- Develop a home escape plan in case of fire.
- Have at least two exits from every room and designate an outside meeting spot.
- Don't leave unattended cooking on the stove - the most common accident.
- Keep matches and lighters away from children. Put them in high places well out of their reach.
- Keep anything that can catch fire away from space heaters. Unplug them when not in use.
- If you would like to schedule a smoke alarm checkup visit from your local firefighters, please call the Fire Smoke Alarm Hotline: at 216-361-5535.
- Business Office: 216-383-6325
- Emergency: 911